- Cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh sweet cherries, pitted (or frozen cherries, thawed and patted dry)
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Preheat to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch, deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, and granulated sugar until frothy (about 1 minute). Add milk and vanilla and beat until smooth. Gradually beat in both flours and salt until smooth.
- Arrange cherries in bottom of pan; pour batter over cherries. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake 30 more minutes, until top is puffed up and golden brown and a wooden pick comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes. Sift confectioners' sugar on top.
Per serving: 229 kcal cal., 2 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 272 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 31 g sugar, 8 g pro., 74 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet