Great Tasting Low Fat Turkey Burgers
This great-tasting recipe will fit in perfectly into your balanced healthy diet.
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 large carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo, minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from 7-ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 4 roasted red pepper halves (bottled in water), optional
- In a large bowl, combine turkey, carrot, chipotle chilies and adobo sauce, cilantro, cumin and salt. Mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 4 equal patties.
- Grill or broil burgers (on a baking sheet for broiling) for 5 minutes per side, until browned on the outside and cooked through. Arrange the burgers on buns and top with roasted red peppers.
- Nutritional information does not include whole-wheat hamburger buns.
Per serving: 205 kcal cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 6 g carb., 2 g fiber, 4 g sugar, 25 g pro., 31 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet