- 1 cup uncooked whole-wheat couscous
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 14 1/2 ounce cans diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Prepare couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the shrimp and enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Once the water boils (shrimp will be bright pink and cooked through; about 2-3 minutes), drain and plunge the shrimp into ice water.
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, cilantro, and coriander. Mix well. Add the shrimp and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer the couscous to 4 plates and top with the shrimp mixture.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 328 kcal cal., 3 g fat (0 g sat. fat), 45 g carb., 6 g fiber, 0 g sugar, 31 g pro., 108 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet