- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red and green bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses (like Cortas)
- 1 tablespoon ground sumac (like Sadaf)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Slice each pita into eight wedges and toast in oven for 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- In a large bowl, toss together scallions, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, bell peppers, radishes, parsley, and mint. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, molasses, sumac, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over vegetables and toss.
- Place one cup of lettuce on each plate, top with vegetables and four pita wedges.
Per serving: 222 kcal cal., 8 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 35 g carb., 6 g fiber, 10 g sugar, 6 g pro., 77 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet