- 1 12 ounce box silken tofu
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or butter for the pan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place tofu in a medium-sized saucepan. Add water to cover, and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, then drain in a fine-mesh strainer. Transfer to a plate, and use a dinner knife to cut the tofu into pieces the size of large cottage cheese curds.
- Place an 8-inch crepe or omelet pan over medium heat and wait several minutes. Spray it lightly with nonstick spray, and add a little olive oil or butter. Wait about 10 seconds, then swirl to coat the pan.
- Add tofu pieces and a large pinch of salt and a light sprinkling of pepper, and saute over medium heat for about 8 minutes, or until the tofu is light golden brown. Transfer to a plate and serve right away.
Make Ahead Tip
- The tofu can be boiled up to several days ahead of time and stored in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator. It can go directly from the refrigerator into the hot frying pan.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 124 kcal cal., 9 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 3 g carb., 0 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 11 g pro., 187 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet