- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons brewed strong coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with aluminum foil; spray foil lightly with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar at medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes, or until combined. Add egg, egg whites, vanilla, and coffee. Continue beating until incorporated. Scrape sides of bowl down with a spatula and reduce mixer speed to low. Slowly add flour mixture, followed by yogurt, and mix gently until just combined (batter will be thick). Stir in chocolate and walnuts, if using. With a spatula, spread mixture evenly in pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of pan comes out dry. Cool on a wire rack before removing from pan and slicing into 16 squares.
- Nutritional information does not include optional chopped walnuts.
Per serving: 110 kcal cal., 4 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 17 g carb., 1 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 3 g pro., 32 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet