- 1 pound very ripe tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cucumber chunks, peeled and seeded
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves
- 1 medium clove garlic
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon light honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Core the tomatoes, and cut them into large chunks.
- Place the tomatoes in a blender or food processor with all the remaining ingredients except the cayenne. Puree until it is as smooth as you like it.
Per serving: 72 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 9 g carb., 2 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 2 g pro., 32 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet