- 2 6-inch whole-wheat tortillas, cut into triangles
- Canola oil spray
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup diced red onion, divided
- 4 ounces ground bison
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pinch cayenne red pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup canned, no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chips on a baking sheet, lightly spray with canola oil spray, and sprinkle with salt. Bake for about 5 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Keep oven on.
- Heat oil in a skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Turn heat to medium and saute 2 tablespoons onions for 1 to 2 minutes. Add bison, chili powder, and cayenne, and cook about 3 to 4 minutes until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Mix remaining onions, tomatoes, and cilantro in a small bowl and set aside. In an oven-safe pan or skillet, place a layer of chips, meat, tomato mixture, and beans. Create at least two layers. Top with cheese. Place in oven for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted. Top with avocado and Greek yogurt.
- Recipe provided by Alison Massey, R.D., at Mercy Medical Center
Per serving: 411 kcal cal., 22 g fat (7 g sat. fat), 30 g carb., 8 g fiber, 26 g pro., 461 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet