- 1/2 cup chopped pine nuts or walnuts
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces kale leaves, stems removed, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine nuts and 2 tablespoons oil. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes until golden and fragrant. Allow to cool.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and have a large bowl of cold water ready. Drop kale into boiling water. When water returns to a boil, swirl kale around a few times until it becomes limp. Drain kale and plunge into cold water. Drain again, then place on a clean dishtowel and blot away any moisture. Place nuts, kale, Parmesan, remaining 1/2 cup oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender and puree about 2 minutes until smooth.
- Recipe provided by DowntownRomantic.com
Per serving: 176 kcal cal., 17.5 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 314 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 4 g pro., 114 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet