- 1 28 ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound 95% fat-free ground beef or pork
- 10 lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 8 ounce can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- Pour tomatoes with their juice into a 4-cup measuring cup. Add enough water to bring the volume to 4 cups.
- Warm oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes until onion begins to brown. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in meat, using a wooden spoon to break it apart. Cook until meat is browned, about 5 minutes. Add noodles, but do not stir; let them sit on top. Pour tomato-water mixture and tomato sauce over noodles. Again don't stir. Cover pan and bring to a simmer. Let simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 20 minutes. Turn off heat. Stir in Parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drop ricotta onto top of lasagna, cover, and let stand about 5 minutes. Remove cover and sprinkle with basil.
- Recipe provided by TraceysCulinaryAdventures.com
Per serving: 415 kcal cal., 13 g fat (6 g sat. fat), 470 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 30 g pro., 316 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet