- 1 small crown (1/2 pound) cauliflower
- 1/2 cup unsweetened canned coconut milk, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese or coconut cream
- Cut cauliflower into 1/2-inch florets. Pulse in a food processor until it resembles rice. Measure out 1/2 cup, and reserve the rest for another use.
- Place cauliflower into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup coconut milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Heat in microwave on high 1 1/2 minutes. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolks and remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk in a medium bowl until combined and slightly thickened, about 3 minutes by hand or 1 minute with an electric mixer. Set aside.
- Pour almond milk into a large saucepan over medium heat and add cream cheese. Stir constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes. Add cauliflower and egg mixtures and stir constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes. Pour into 4 small ramekins or pudding dishes and refrigerate 1 to 3 hours.
- Recipe provided by Maria Emmerich of MariaMindBodyHealth.com
Per serving: 245 kcal cal., 18 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 142 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 5 g pro., 80 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet