A Salted Caramel Protein Shake for Post-Workout Bliss
After a serious sweat session, Lorna Jane Clarkson, founder of Lorna Jane activewear, likes to recover with a healthy combination of protein and carbs. This super creamy smoothie, from her new book, Inspired (http://www.lornajane.com/inspiredbook ), is one of her go-to recipes when she wants something sweet.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 medium-sized bananas
- 2 tablespoons cashew spread (or small handful of raw cashews)
- 1 scoop natural whey or pea protein powder (optional)
- 4 pitted madjool dates
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan rock salt
- 2 cups ice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons crushed ice
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Combine all ingredients except honey, crushed ice, and cacao nibs in a blender.
- Drizzle the extra honey around each glass.
- Add smoothie, top with extra ice and cacao nibs to serve.
- Recipe courtesy of Lorna Jane Clarkson.
Per serving: 42 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 78 g carb., 9 g fiber, 31 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet