A Slimmed-Down Macaroni Salad
Creamy and cool, macaroni salad is a perennial summer favorite.
- 2/3 cup dry whole-wheat fusilli
- 2/3 cup dry regular fusilli
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Cook fusilli for 10 minutes, or until al dente. Drain, run under cool water, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, vinegar, mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Add pasta and toss to combine. Gently mix in carrots, bell pepper, and scallions. Refrigerate for at least one hour to allow flavors to blend. When ready to serve, top with parsley.
Per serving: 130 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 305 mg sodium, 2 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 4 g pro., 40 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet