Alaska Cod with Lemon, Soy, Honey Glaze
A citrusy, savory, super-easy marinade adds tons of flavor--for very few extra calories.
- 4 Alaska cod fillets, fresh or thawed
- 1 lemon
- 1 - 1/2 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Zest the lemon into a bowl then cut the lemon into wedges. Combine the lemon zest, soy sauce, honey, oil, ginger and red pepper flakes in a broiler-safe baking dish or pan. Add Alaska cod to the dish, turning fish over to coat all sides. Let stand 10-15 minutes to marinate. For a richer taste, marinate the cod for up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to bake, place an oven rack 7 inches below broiler and preheat broiler to high. Move cod to the counter for 15 minutes to take the chill off. Turn cod in marinade again just before broiling, and tuck in any thin end pieces to prevent overcooking. Broil until just opaque throughout, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Spoon cooked marinade over the cod and serve with lemon wedges.
- Adapted with permission from Sunkist
- Photo credit: Sunkist