Almond Crusted Flounder with Homemade Tartar Sauce
Coated and baked in a thick seasoned almond crust and served with a side of homemade tartar, this is one of our favorite fish recipes!
- 4 flounder fillets, rinsed and patted dry
For homemade tartar sauce:
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1/2 cup dill relish
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- squeeze lemon juice
- salt and ground pepper
For flour coating:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (substitute almond meal for gluten-free or paleo)
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne red pepper
For egg wash:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
For almond coating:
- 1 cup Blue Diamond All Natural almonds
- 1/2 Lemon, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, onions, relish and dill. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover and chill.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a sheet pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Mix together flour dill, salt, ground mustard, and cayenne pepper in one bowl. Whisk together egg and water in second bowl. Pulse almonds in a food processor or blender until it becomes the texture of cornmeal or grits. Add almonds to a third bowl.
- Dip fish into the flour mixture, then egg wash, then into the almond crumbs. Place onto sheet pan and bake for 12 to 15 minutes until almonds are golden brown.
- Serve with a fresh lemon wedge and enjoy!
- Recipe provided by Layers of Happiness for Blue Diamond