Ants On a Log Sorbet
Sam Mason at OddFellows Ice Cream Co. in Brooklyn, New York, combines the flavors of your favorite childhood treat into a creamy dessert.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 cups fresh celery leaves
- 2 - 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 - 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil; stir until sugar dissolves. Remove pan from heat, add celery leaves, and let steep for 20 minutes. Pour through a fine sieve set over a bowl and refrigerate syrup until cold.
- In a blender, puree celery and syrup until smooth. Strain mixture through a fine sieve again and transfer to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or until cold.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker and follow machine's directions. When frozen, remove sorbet and fold in peanut butter and raisins. Transfer to a pan and cover. Freeze for 15 to 30 minutes and then serve.
- Recipe provided by Sam Mason of OddFellows Ice Cream Co.