Aromatic Jasmine Herb Brown Rice
The delicious scent of jasmine blossoms is added to green tea. In ancient times, jasmine was considered a gift from God and thought to have calming effects. It's a simple, flavorful, and low-calorie way to help flavor your everyday brown rice.
- 1/2 cup short grain brown rice
- 3 Cipolline onions (or 2 small shallots)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped curly parsley
- 1 Jasmine green tea bag
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Brew a mug of Jasmine green tea for 4 minutes.
- While the tea is brewing, cook your 1/2 cup of rice and chop your onions.
- In a pot, pour 1 cup of the hot tea in, along with the rice and onion. Bring to a boil and reduce to low and simmer for about 40 minutes, or until the rice is cooked.
- In the meantime, chop the mint and parsley. When the rice is done, add in the herbs and optional garlic. Give everything a stir and breathe in the fresh beautiful scents.
- Recipe provided by Rebecca Pytell of Strength and Sunshine.
Per serving: 190 kcal cal., 2 g fat) (44 g carb., 5 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 4 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet