Arugula, Kale, and Broccoli Rabe Pesto
Who said pesto was just for summer? Try this arugula, kale, and broccoli rabe variety tonight.
- 4 cups roughly chopped arugula, kale, or broccoli rabe (from 1 large bunch)
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 3/4 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons red-pepper flakes (optional)
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the greens, garlic, almonds, and cheese until the mixture is well combined but still coarse.
- Add the olive oil and continue to pulse until the mixture is smooth. If necessary, add more olive oil 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is smooth but not runny.
- Season the pesto with salt, pepper, and red-pepper flakes, if using. Transfer the pesto to a storage container. The pesto will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week or in the freezer for up to two months.
- Recipe from PureWow