Asian Beef Salad
You'll love the variety of textures in this main-dish salad: crisp noodles, crunchy greens, juicy oranges, and tender beef.
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 pound uncooked lean trimmed sirloin beef
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup drained canned unsweetened mandarin oranges
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, oil and hoisin sauce; add steak. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, or up to overnight. Remove steak to a plate; reserve marinade.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Grill or broil steak for 8 minutes on each side for medium, or longer until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak and slice into thin strips.
- Meanwhile, pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring occasionally, 1 minute more.
- To serve, place 2 cups of greens on each of 4 plates. Top each with about 3 ounces of steak, 1/4 cup of oranges and 1 heaping tablespoon of noodles; drizzle each salad with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of cooked and cooled marinade.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 299 kcal cal., 11 g fat (2.5 g sat. fat), 17 g carb., 6 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 32 g pro., 4 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet