Asian Chickpea Bowl
This nutritious, textured salad is high in fiber and protein. With red peppers in the mix, it's also packed with vitamin C.
- 2 15 ounce cans chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 ears (about 1 cup) fresh, raw corn , kernels sliced off cob
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-chili paste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Gently toss to combine. Makes approximately 6 cups in total.
- Round out the meal with some whole-wheat pita bread (simply spoon the salad into a half-pocket) and a dessert of juicy watermelon wedges.
Per serving: 346 kcal cal., 4 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 67 g carb., 12 g fiber, 9 g sugar, 14 g pro., 88 mg calcium, 4 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet