Asparagus with Oyster Sauce
Ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and a touch of oyster sauce give this asparagus dish big, bold flavor. We used chicken broth but water is fine too.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root (or to taste)
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds uncooked asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons canned chicken broth, or water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Heat oil over high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Add ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, until browned. Add asparagus and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add broth and cook, stirring occasionally, until asparagus are crisp-tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add oyster sauce and red pepper flakes; stir and cook until heated through, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 60 kcal cal., 3 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 8 g carb., 4 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 4 g pro., 3 mg calcium, 0 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet