Asparagus, Zucchini, and Carrot Ribbon Salad
This no-cook recipe uses a vegetable peeler to shave seasonal veggies, giving it a creative spin over regular ol' salads. You can use any firm vegetables you have on hand, like squash, beets, radishes, or potatoes; then top it with other chopped fresh veggies, like corn kernels, onion, and basil.
- 5 asparagus spears
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tablespoons sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- grape tomatoes (optional)
- kalamata olives (optional)
- Trim asparagus, carrot, and zucchini ends.
- Slice into ribbons with vegetable peeler or mandolin slicer, discarding outside ribbons of carrots and zucchini; discard zucchini core.
- Divide vegetable ribbons among four salad plates. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Top with diced red onion, crumbled goat cheese and optional vegetables, if desired.
- Recipe by Holley Grainger, nutrition expert and owner of Holley Grainger Nutrition
Per serving: 263 kcal cal., 11 g fat (4 g sat. fat), 33 g carb., 7 g fiber, 23 g sugar, 9 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet