Avocado Kimchi Stew
- 4 very ripe avocados, halved and flesh scooped out
- 2 scallions, roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tomatoes, diced (save as much juice as possible; seeds are fine), about 3 1/2 cups
- 1 cup kimchi
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a countertop blender, combine avocados, scallions, lime juice, and water and puree until very smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in tomatoes.
- Put 1/4 cup of kimchi in a bowl and pour avocado soup around it. Sprinkle with chia seeds.
- Recipe excerpted from Soup Cleanse Cookbook provided by Nicole Centeno, founder of Splendid Spoon