Avocado Pesto Hummus
This combination of your favorite condiments (pesto and hummus, duh!) makes for a killer dip or condiment on sandwiches. Serve it up with homemade Parmesan crisps or a colorful array of vegetables.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 4 flour tortillas
- Coconut oil or olive oil spray
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a food processor, pulse together garbanzo beans, basil, and garlic cloves with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the avocado, lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil and water. Puree until very smooth and creamy.
- Remove the hummus and drizzle with olive oil and toasted pine nuts.
- Stack the tortillas and slice in 1/2. Stack those together and slice into 4 wedges. Remove and place on baking sheets in a single layer.
- Lightly spray with coconut oil or olive oil and sprinkle with ground pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Toast for 7-8 minutes until golden brown. Remove and serve with avocado pesto hummus.
- Recipe and photo by Alex Caspero, R.D., Delish Knowledge.
Per serving: 106 kcal cal., 6 g fat) (9 g carb., 3 g fiber, 3 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet