Banana Muffin with Flax Meal
Who says you need an oven to bake muffins? Check out this muffin in a mug that can be ready to go in about two minutes - your microwave is a heck of a time saver! Plus, egg whites and flax meal work overtime to pack this healthy muffin with protein and make it super-filling.
- 1/4 cup ground flax meal
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons liquid egg whites or 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon light whipped butter or light trans fat-free spread
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 banana chopped small
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt, divided
- In a large microwave safe mug stir flax, baking powder, cinnamon and sweetener.
- Add egg whites, oil or butter, vanilla, banana and one tablespoon of the Greek yogurt.
- Combine well and cook in microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes.
- Remove muffin from mug and place on a plate. Top with one tablespoon of yogurt and garnish with three banana slices.
- Recipe and photo provided by Lauren Harris-Pincus, R.D.N., founder of Nutrition Starring YOU.
Per serving: 230 kcal cal., 11 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 558 mg sodium, 11 g fiber, 7 g sugar, 14 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet