Banana Split Smoothie Bowl
- 2 ice cream bowls, chilled in the freezer
- 3/4 cup milk or non-dairy milk
- 2 frozen ripe bananas
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 fresh banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1/8 cup dark chocolate chips or allergen friendly chocolate chips
- 2 maraschino cherries
- Whipping topping of choice or dollop of your favorite yogurt (I used coconut cream for a non-dairy option)
- With a blender or hand blender, combine milk, frozen banana, and add protein powder. Evenly pour into individual chilled ice cream bowls.
- Add fresh banana slices, strawberries slices, and diced pineapple on top of smoothie.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon chia seed and 1 tablespoon sliced almonds.
- Top with a dollop of whipped topping or yogurt.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips or melt chocolate chips in microwave and drizzle over whipped topping. Top with a cherry and enjoy!
- Recipe provided by Betsy Ramirez, R.D., of Supermarket Nutrition.
Per serving: 463 kcal cal., 14 g fat) (75 g carb., 11 g fiber, 14 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet