The zesty basil flavor in this vinaigrette is so addicting, you'll want to add it to everything! Use it as a salad dressing, to jazz up protein or fish, or toss it with some quinoa for a dinner bowl.
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tightly packed fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine all the ingredients for the basil vinaigrette in a high-powered blender and blend for 60 seconds until very smooth. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve immediately. You can refrigerate the vinaigrette for up to three days.
- Recipe provided by Chef Gaby Dalkin