Basmati Rice and Lentils with Cucumber and Orange
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups cooked basmati rice
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons smashed pistachios, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon mizithra cheese or grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange zest (reserving some for garnish) and juice, vinegar, cinnamon, cumin, cloves, nutmeg, and olive oil.
- To a medium bowl, add rice, lentils, cucumber, pistachios, cheese, and chives. Add dressing and mix. Season with salt.
- Garnish with reserved zest and pistachios.
Per serving: 361 kcal cal., 7 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 60 g carb., 5 g fiber, 11 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet