Beet Salad with Honey-Ginger Tofu
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu, sliced into 1/2" strips
- 1" gingerroot, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup prepared millet
- 2 small cooked beets, peeled and thinly sliced (preferably with a mandoline)
- Coat a large skillet with 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add tofu and ginger. Drizzle ingredients with honey and saute for 5 minutes or until tofu is slightly browned. Remove from heat to cool.
- Add 2 cups fresh spinach to each of two serving bowls. Top each bowl with 1/2 cup millet and an equal amount of beets.
- Pour half of the tofu mixture into each bowl and drizzle each bowl with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Excerpted from The Power Bowl Recipe Book: 140 Nutrient-Rich Dishes for Mindful Eating by Britt Brandon. Used by permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon & Schuster. All rights reserved.
Per serving: 654 kcal cal., 19.8 g fat) (95.2 g carb., 11.3 g fiber, 17.6 g sugar, 24.9 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet