Black Bean Chocolate Brownies
Black beans provide a boost of filling fiber in these moist and chewy brownies.
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup flour (such as rice flour)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vegan butterscotch extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mini vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and oil an 8-by-8-inch baking pan. Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips together by hand or with an electric mixer until a smooth batter is achieved, about 1 minute. Pour batter into pan and sprinkle with chips. Bake 25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Recipe provided by Heidi Kristoffer.
Per serving: 171 kcal cal., 1 g fat (0.5 g sat. fat), 34 g carb., 7 g fiber, 8 g sugar, 8.5 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet