Blue Hill at Stone Barns' Greenhouse Salad with Hakurei Turnips
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
For the salad:
- 16 small Hakurei turnips (or red radishes), thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet-tangy apple, such as Gala, cored and cut into 16 slices
- 4 Seckel pears (or 1 small Bosc pear), cored and cut into bite-size wedges
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1/4 cup diced dried apricots
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios
- To make the dressing, whisk together lemon juice, sherry vinegar, balsamic vinegar, and mustard in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil until the dressing thickens. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Place turnips and fennel in a medium bowl along with apple slices and pear wedges. Toss with half of the vinaigrette. Place baby greens in a large salad bowl. Toss with remaining half of vinaigrette. Add dressed turnip mixture, apricots, and pistachios. Gently toss to mix, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 305 kcal cal., 14 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 508 mg sodium, 12 g fiber, 24 g sugar, 7 g pro., 180 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet