Breakfast Pizza Quiche
Load up an egg-based crust with your favorite pizza-parlor toppings for a Paleo meal that works for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 teaspoon ghee, melted
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, sliced
- 3 ounces sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees . Grease a round 10-inch springform pan or 8 x 8-inch baking dish with ghee.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the coconut milk. Whisk until light and frothy. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, black pepper and oregano. Whisk to combine. Add the mushrooms, roasted red peppers, pepperoni and green onions. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into the greased pan. Swirl the pizza sauce on top. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes. Let it cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Adapted with permission from One Pot Paleo by Jenny Castaneda (Page Street Publishing, 2015)
- Photo credit: Jenny Castaneda