Broccoli and Turkey Sausage Frittata with Sun-Dried Tomato and Arugula
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup broccoli florets
- 2 links (1 ounce each) turkey sausage, diced small and precooked
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8-inch nonstick oven-proof pan with cooking spray and place on medium-high heat.
- Add a single layer of broccoli, allowing all florets to make contact with pan, and season with salt and pepper. Turn heat to high and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, then gently shake the pan to mix. Allow broccoli to cook for another minute to caramelize florets. Add sausage and egg whites; lower heat to medium and continually agitate with a rubber spatula until eggs have coagulated, about 3 minutes. Place pan into oven and bake for 3 minutes. Remove from oven and flip frittata.
- In a bowl, toss together arugula, oil, tomatoes, and sherry vinegar; season lightly with salt and pepper. Plate frittata and top with arugula.
- Recipe courtesy of Michael Ferraro.
Per serving: 267 kcal cal., 16 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 750 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 24 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet