Broccoli with Cashew Cream Cheese Sauce
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees . On a baking sheet, drizzle broccoli florets with olive oil. Roast until tender and crisp, 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a blender, place cashews, water, garlic, nutritional yeast, and salt and puree. Pour cashew cream into a skillet or a small saucepan and simmer over medium heat until thick.
- Drizzle cashew cream over broccoli. Sprinkle with thyme and scallions before serving.
- Courtesy of Chef Chloe Coscarelli, of By Chloe in New York City
Per serving: 207 kcal cal., 15 g fat (2.5 g sat. fat), 770 mg sodium, 3 g fiber, 7 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet