Brussels Sprouts & Dried Cherries with Sesame
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a Microplane zester
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried tart cherries
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toasted Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, garlic, shallot, apple, chile, and dried cherries. Season with salt and pepper and toss well. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer to serving dishes, sprinkle with mint and black sesame seeds, and serve.
Toasted Sesame Vinaigrette
- Add 1/2 cup toasted white sesame seeds, 1 garlic clove, zest and juice of 2 lemons, 1 tablespoon raw honey, and 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar to a blender and puree until smooth. With the machine running, add 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil in a steady stream and blend until emulsified. Season with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Recipe by chef Seamus Mullen, author of Real Food Heals: Eat to Feel Younger & Stronger Every Day.
Per serving: 359 kcal cal., 24 g fat (3.3 g sat. fat), 318 mg sodium, 10 g fiber, 8 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet