This Paleo recipe for brisket is perfect for any holiday table.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 brisket, grass-fed if possible, about 4 pounds
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 6 large carrots, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- Greens, for serving
- In a large stockpot over medium-high, heat avocado oil. Rub salt and pepper into the brisket and place in the pot. Cook for about 7 minutes on each side. Add onion, carrots, garlic and broth to the pot. Bring to a low simmer and cover. Cook for 4 hours or until tender.
- Remove brisket and allow it to rest for 10 minutes. Slice brisket and serve with cooked veggies and desired greens.
- Adapted with permission from The New Yiddish Kitchen by Simone Miller and Jennifer Robins (Page Street Publishing Co., 2016)