Buckwheat Dutch Baby with Raspberries
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter), melted
- 12 ounces raspberries
- 2 ounces maple or granulated sugar
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- Sliced, toasted almonds, for serving (optional)
- Greek yogurt or labneh, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees . Place a cast-iron or ovenproof skillet in the oven for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add flours, eggs, maple syrup, lime zest, a generous pinch of salt, milk, butter, and vanilla to a blender and process until smooth.
- Carefully remove hot skillet from the oven and add ghee; swirl to coat. Pour batter into the skillet, then return it to the oven. Lower temperature to 450 degrees and bake until sides are puffed and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- While pancake bakes, combine a third of the raspberries with sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and then lower heat; let simmer for a few minutes until raspberries fall apart and thicken. Remove from heat and let cool completely. Add lime juice and remaining raspberries to the sauce and mix well.
- To serve, top pancake with raspberry compote and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Top with almonds and yogurt if desired.
- Recipe by Miro Uskokovic, the pastry chef at Gramercy Tavern in New York City.
Per serving: 353 kcal cal., 17 g fat (9 g sat. fat), 43 g carb., 6 g fiber, 8 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet