Butter Lettuce Bites With Comice Pear, Goat Cheese Mousse, and Pistachios
We can't get enough of how exquisite these bite-sized appetizers look! With their crunchy lettuce exterior and creamy goat-cheese mousse, these salad-inspired treats will leave people wanting more.
- 1/4 cup organic pasture-raised whole cream
- 2 ounces soft goat cheese such as Cyprus Grove Fromage Blanc
- 1 head butter or Boston lettuce
- 1 comice pear, sliced
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- Whip cream until fluffy with a whisk or electric mixer. Fold into goat cheese in two parts. Put in a small ziploc bag.
- Tear off outer leaves of lettuce and set aside for another use. Use the lighter colored tender inner leaves of the butter lettuce that are easy for guests to pick up. Lay on a platter.
- Cut off corner of ziploc bag and pipe 1 tbsp of mousse into each lettuce leaf. Top with sliced Comice pear and chopped pistachios.
- Recipe provided by Brittany Baldwin of Portland Home Chef.