Butternut Squash with Candied Ginger
This creamy orange puree is busting with vitamin A, potassium, and fiber.
- 1 1/2 pounds pre-cut, pre-seeded butternut squash (found in refrigerated area of produce section)
- 1/3 cup candied ginger, minced
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sweet butter
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Peel squash and cut into cubes. Place in a large covered casserole and microwave for about 10 minutes. Stir in ginger, orange juice concentrate, syrup, butter, and cinnamon. Microwave for 2 more minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving.
Per serving: 132 kcal cal., 2 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 30 g carb., 3 g fiber, 18 g sugar, 1 g pro., 67 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet