Canyon Ranch French Toast
The acclaimed wellness resort shares their lightened-up recipe.
- 1 large egg
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup nonfat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Cooking spray
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the egg, egg whites, coconut milk, nonfat milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the marmalade, ginger, maple syrup, and lime juice; set aside.
- Spray a saute pan with cooking spray and heat over medium. Dip both sides of each bread slice in egg mixture. Cook for about 1 minute per side or until golden brown.
- Drizzle syrup mixture over French toast.
Per serving: 312 kcal cal., 4 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 357 mg sodium, 4 g fiber, 32 g sugar, 14 g pro., 140 mg calcium, 2 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet