Caribbean Cabbage Mango Slaw
Sweet and spicy come together in this super-healthy slaw. Cabbage is packed with anti-cancer compounds, and gets a flavorful kick from mango, jalapeno, and more.
- 1/2 very small purple cabbage
- 1 ripe but firm mango
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/2 finely chopped jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 orange (zest and juice)
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Peel mango with vegetable peeler, then slice into thin strips, cut in half or thirds, and place in large bowl.
- Core purple cabbage and slice very thinly, then chop a few times. Add to bowl along with chopped cilantro, red onion, and jalapeno.
- Zest orange and lime into bowl. Add juice of half the orange and half the lime.
- Add oil and salt and mix gently to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings. If desired, squeeze in the other half of the orange.