Caribbean Jerk Chicken
If you can't take the time off to take a spring break vacation, head to the islands with this spicy and sweet entree. Jalapenos, ginger, and red pepper flakes jack up the heat while pineapple juice mellows it all out.
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, de-seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 6 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- Place first 16 ingredients (onion through pepper) in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. Reserve half the marinade, and marinate chicken in other half for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill to high heat or preheat a saute pan to medium and add coconut oil. Cook chicken about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- While chicken cooks, pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- When chicken is done, let rest 5 minutes. Before serving, brush chicken with remaining glaze.
- Recipe provided by PaleoPlan.com
Per serving: 390 kcal cal., 18 g fat (3 g sat. fat), 952 mg sodium, 1 g fiber, 37 g pro., 32 mg calcium, 1 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet