Carrot-Ginger Energy Balls
- 1/3 cup dried apricot halves (about 6)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon almond butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed finely grated carrot, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Place apricots, honey, almond butter, flaxseeds, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5 times, then process the mixture for about 20 seconds.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add oats, carrot, ginger, and turmeric, pulse 5 times, then process for 20 seconds more.
- Use a tablespoon measure to scoop out mixture; shape each scoop into a ball, then garnish with additional finely grated carrot if desired. Refrigerate until ready to eat.