Carrot Ribbons with Sweet Tomatoes
Summery, refreshing, and light, this dish also works well when you substitute various colors of carrot, golden beets, or other root vegetables
For sweet tomato sauce:
- 1/4 cup chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped heirloom tomatoes
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup julienned basil
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 8 cups spiralized carrots
- 12 basil leaves, julienned, for garnish
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, for garnish
- To make sauce, blend all ingredients except basil, adding pepper to taste, until smooth.
- Toss tomato sauce with cherry tomatoes and carrots. Garnish with basil and pine nuts.