West Hollywood restaurant Gracias Madre makes their own sodas in-house - including this refreshing celery sipper from beverage director Jason Eisner.
- 2 cups vegan sugar, agave nectar, or Stevia
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons gently crushed celery seed
- 8 ounces soda water
- In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, stir together sugar and water until fully dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in celery seeds. Cover pan and let sit for one hour.
- Line a fine-mesh sieve or colander with dampened fine cheesecloth or coffee filters and set over a bowl. Pour syrup into strainer; when strained transfer to a jar, cover tightly, and chill completely.
- To make soda, combine 2 ounces syrup with 8 ounces soda water and stir to combine. Enjoy!
- Recipe provided by Gracias Madre