Charred Pineapple with Strawberry & Pink Peppercorn Relish
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pink peppercorns
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large pineapple, peeled, quartered, and cored
- In a saucepan, cook onion, coriander, ginger, peppercorns, and orange zest in 1 tablespoon oil over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent.
- Add strawberries and honey and simmer until the mixture becomes jammy and sticky. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat a cast-iron or other heavy skillet over high heat until extremely hot and almost smoking. Brush one side of each pineapple quarter with oil and place in pan. Sear until blackened and blistered. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Slice the pineapple at an angle. Top with the relish and serve with grilled fish or steak.
- Recipe by Diego Moya, executive chef of Blake Lane in New York City
Per serving: 186 kcal cal., 7 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 32 g carb., 4 g fiber, 2 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet