Cheesy Oven-Baked Green Bean "Fries"
It's 3 p.m. You're well aware that you should be reaching for something virtuous to snack on, so how on earth those chocolate-covered Tic Tacs ended up in your hand is beyond you. Luckily, we've figured out how to make vegetables more alluring when hunger strikes. These oven-baked green beans are the answer. Toss the beans with olive oil, some Parmesan, and a hit of paprika and you're on your way to deliciously crispy green bean fries. They're easy, satisfying, and not at all bad for you.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans with the olive oil. Add the Parmesan, salt, pepper and paprika and toss well to coat.
- Pour the green beans onto the baking sheet and bake until crisp, 10 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.
- This recipe originally appeared as Crispy Green Beans on PureWow.