Chicken and Grape Kebabs with Thyme
Perfect for a light weeknight dinner, these healthy kebabs are made with 100 percent grape juice, which thanks to the Concord grape, is not only full of flavor, but also helps to support a healthy heart.
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup Welch's 100 percent Grape Juice
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 cup grapes
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- Put olive oil, yogurt, grape juice, thyme, bay leaf, and garlic into a large sealable plastic freezer bag. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to marinade and stir to combine. Add chicken pieces and marinate from 30 minutes to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Remove pieces from marinade and pat dry; set aside on a clean plate. Meanwhile, submerge 4 skewers in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Onto each skewer thread one piece chicken followed by one grape; repeat until chicken and grapes are used up. Meanwhile, preheat a lightly oiled grill to medium-high heat.
- Transfer chicken skewers to the grill and cook for 4 minutes per side until completely cooked, about 16 minutes total. Let skewers rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Recipe by Sarah-Jane Bedwell, R.D.
Per serving: 160 kcal cal., 4.5 g fat (1 g sat. fat), 168 mg sodium, 0.2 g fiber, 6 g sugar, 22 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet