Chicken with Artichoke Hearts and Tomatoes
This savory main dish is quick and easy to make.
- 2 cups instant brown rice
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves, rinsed well and patted dry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions, without adding fat or salt. Meanwhile, season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook one minute per side, until golden brown and seared. Using tongs, remove chicken from pan; set aside. Add canned tomato mix to pan. Simmer for one minute, stirring constantly and incorporating any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Stir in pesto and artichokes. Return chicken to pan. Cover and simmer for five minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Serve chicken and sauce over cooked rice.
- Nutritional information includes 1/8 teaspoon of added salt per serving, using 1lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, and does not include sun-dried tomato pesto.
Per serving: 563 kcal cal., 8 g fat (2 g sat. fat), 909 mg sodium, 12 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 35 g pro., 80 mg calcium, 3 mg iron. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet