Chipotle Bean Nachos
Nachos are always a hit. Turn the bean mixture into a super dip by thinning it out with chicken broth and sprinkling low-fat cheddar cheese on top. At under 200 calories per serving, your guests won't know what hit them when they try this hearty (and healthy) crowd-pleaser.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium shallot or onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium clove garlic clove, minced
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 20 baked low fat tortilla chips
- 7 tablespoons low fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fat free salsa
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro minced, plus extra leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat oil over medium heat; then add shallot and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are tender, about 5 minutes. Add beans, salt and chile powder; mash with back of spoon or potato masher to make a pulpy mixture. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Place tortilla chips on a rimmed baking sheet. Spoon bean mixture over top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until cheese melts, about 3 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon salsa over top; immediately sprinkle with cilantro.
- Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers
Per serving: 180 kcal cal., 3 g fat (0.7 g sat. fat), 28 g carb., 7 g fiber, 10 g pro.. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet